We take your privacy seriously. Fruitometry Limited (company number 7453676) (Fruitometry, we, us or our) provides a digital crop estimate and density measurement and reporting system (the Fruitometry System), as further described on our website.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the NZ Privacy Act.
3. What personal information we collect and how we use it
If you schedule an orchard assessment, contact us, or make an inquiry through our website we collect your name, email address, contact phone number, location, and orchard information (including KPIN, orchard name, variety and hectares). This information is used to provide you with our services and to respond to your inquiry.
If you use the Fruitometry System we collect your name, email address, contact phone number, location, orchard information (including KPIN, orchard name, variety, and hectares), property address(es), details of site hazards and incidents and images captured on the orchard. We use this information to provide you with our services, to communicate with you, to send you scanning confirmation, notifications, and reports and to comply with our legal (including health and safety) obligations.
If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect personal information, such as your name and email address. We use this information to market and provide you with updates on our services or topics we consider relevant to you. Email subscriptions are optional, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you interact with us on social media – if you comment, follow, like or mention us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook or YouTube we will have access to your interactions and your profile information. We get this information from our interaction with you or from the social media platform. We use this information to communicate with you, for example by responding to your comments.
Further, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- in connection with the services offered by Fruitometry, including:
- to enable you to schedule Fruitometry services and access reports;
- to communicate with you in relation to your use of and access to Fruitometry reports; and
- to monitor, develop and improve the Fruitometry System and ensure that content on the Fruitometry System is relevant, of interest to you and presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and/or
- for any other purposes authorised by you or the NZ Privacy Act.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in us being unable to do the above.
We may de-identify or anonymise your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual and provide that information to third parties. We may also provide aggregate usage information to third parties, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the Fruitometry System. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or anonymised information to any third party in a way that would identify you as an individual person.
4. How we collect personal information
We may collect and hold personal information about you from the following sources:
- you, if you contact us directly (e.g., telephone call, website enquiry, email or through our social media channels);
- you, by filling in the registration form when you sign up to the Fruitometry System;
- through your interactions with us, such as by telephone, email, or the Fruitometry System; and
- provided by third parties authorised by you.
5. Disclosure of information
Fruitometry will not disclose any of your personal information to any third party other than as set out below.
- Where the disclosure relates to the purposes for which the information was collected (as stated in section 3 above).
- Where our third-party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, logistics and delivery, analysis, marketing, and other services for us need to access information about you to perform services on our behalf. In such circumstances they do so under instruction from us, including requirements to abide by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. Some of these service providers may be located in countries other than yours or ours.
- Where the disclosure is to our employees or related companies.
- Where the information is anonymised statistical information.
- Where we believe that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- Where we believe that the disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to:
- public health or public safety; or
- your life or health or the life or health of another individual; or
- To the purchaser of our business in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation, or acquisition.
- As otherwise expressly permitted by you or the NZ Privacy Act.
6. Access to and updates of information
You may request confirmation of whether we hold any personal information about you, request to access that personal information, and request that we correct that personal information.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on your personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise your above rights, please email Fruitometry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g., the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
The personal information that we collect, and use will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, or for the duration required for compliance with applicable law, whichever is longer.
We may also retain de-identified information.
8. Contacting us
Last updated 7 June 2022
Get in touch to find out how our innovative technology can help you